Saturday, January 14, and Sunday, January 15, 2012
• Dynamite Entertainment has announced that it will reprint Howard Chaykin’s Shadow mini-series, and, if sales warrant, additional Shadow comics originally published by DC. (Brent Frankenhoff)
Yesterday’s Panel Quiz Answer
Loki’s first line in comics was, “I challenge you to match your powers against mine, Thor!” He said it on the cover of Journey into Mystery #85 (Oct 62).
Today’s Panel Quiz
Whose first line in comics was “When I decide Robin must die — he dies!”? (Answer Monday)
Born Saturday (Jan. 14)
Rudy D. Nebres, comics writer and artist
John Tartaglione (1921), comics artist
Steven J. Woron (1958), comics publisher
Born Sunday (Jan. 15)
Stan Kay, comics writer
Norman Felchle (1964), comics artist
Birthdays 2 Weeks from Saturday (Jan. 28)
Daerick Gross Sr. (1947), comics artist
Todd Klein (1951), comics letterer
Birthdays 2 Weeks from Sunday (Jan. 29)
Jeph Loeb (1958), comics writer
David W. Olbrich (1960), comics publisher
Every Wed. and Sat. California: City Of Industry. Comic Book & Collectible Show.
Jan 14-15 North Carolina: Raleigh. Toy, Hobby & Sportscard Show.
Jan 15 California: Los Angeles. Comic Book & Science Fiction Convention.
Jan 15 Illinois: Collinsville. Metro East Comic Book Convention.
Jan 15 Pennsylvania: Essington-Philadelphia. Comic Con.
Jan 15 Texas: Houston. JMV Comic Book Show.
Jan 21 Wisconsin: Oak Creek. Milwaukee Comic Book Convention.
Jan 22 Illinois: Peoria. Comic Book Convention.
Jan 22 Michigan: Livonia. X-trava Con.
Question of the Week
What comics are you looking forward to this year?
• Bomba the Jungle Boy’s adventures return to Turner Classic Movies Saturday at noon E.T. with 1952’s African Treasure.
• At 8 p.m. E.T. Sunday evening, ABC has “True North,” a new episode of Once Upon a Time.
• Also starting at 8 E.T. Sunday night (provided football playoffs don’t run long) is Fox’s
animation block with The Simpsons and “The D’ohcial Network.” Armie Hammer is a guest voice. At 8:30, it’s the premiere of Napoleon Dynamite and “Thundercone.” Amy Poehler is a guest voice, joining the 2004 film’s original cast who also provide voices for this animated version. At 9 the new episode of Family Guy is “The Blind Side.” Guest voices include Marlee Matlin and Carrie Fisher. At 9:30, it’s a second episode of Napoleon Dynamite, “Scandronica Love” with guest voices Jemaine Clement, Lauren Tom, Jared Hess, Haylie Duff, and Rita Coolidge.
• And, to add to your viewing choices, Turner Classic Movies has a trio of Abbott and Costello Meet … films starting at 8 p.m. E.T. Sunday night with Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948). At 9:30, it’s Abbott and Costello Meet The Invisible Man (1951) and at 11 Abbott and Costello Meet The Mummy (1955).